A bit of a splurge....

We spent the day yesterday exploring Byron Bay.

I haven't been here for a few years and while it's still retained that relaxed, hippy vibe, it's became a lot funkier and diverse.  It's still one of the most relaxed holiday destinations in Australia, with gorgeous beaches (famous for the lighthouse) and tropical rainforests.

With a friendly village atmosphere, Byron attracts people from all walks of life from all over the world and it's a great place to people watch.

We had lunch at the Beach Hotel (great fresh food and cold beer).  Totally kid friendly too, with a park across the road and a row boat for them to play in.






After a spot of sunbaking, I spent the afternoon roaming the streets and looking for treats in the quirky little stores that are peppered all over Byron.

Here are a few of the treasures I found.


I bought a canister of Tridosha Salt of the Sea.  It uses all natural ingredients to blend Australian sea salt, cracked peppercorns and native Australian herbs and spices.  I sprinkled it over the chicken that we had for dinner and it was delish!  Cute canister too.


A big stash of cookies from the Byron Bay Cookie company.  I always grab one of these when I get a takeaway coffee so I decided to stock up at their home town.  These are too good to be true,  white choc chunk and macadamia nut is my all time favourite.  (Hint, zap it in the microwave for 15 seconds and enjoy the gooey goodness). 



And just to take home a bit of the hippy vibe with me, I splurged on this boho american Tassel necklace with Turquioise, feathers and an antique coin from Spell Shop.  Great to wear with a singlet and jeans, methinks.

Gorgeous day out.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP